Translate

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Phyrillas named top Greek-American blogger

Some things come out of left field.

I just found out I was named one of the 10 leading Greek-American bloggers by a magazine with international readership.

"Odyssey: The World of Greece" is a bimonthly magazine based in Washington, D.C., with offices in Greece. The glossy magazine highlights the achievements of Greeks and Greek-Americans in the areas of the arts, entertainment, politics and the media.

In the newest issue of the 98-page magazine, "Odyssey" media writer Lydia Maniatis places the spotlight on the growing influence of Internet bloggers in a story titled, "I blog, therefore, I am."

Only two political sites were mentioned in the magazines' Top 10 list.

Maniatis says Phyrillas "gives us his muscular spin on the politics of his home state and the country at large" at his conservative blog, http://tonyphyrillas.blogspot.com

Muscular spin? I like it. I might start using that as my calling card.

The other politcal blogger mentioned in the article is Arianna Huffington, who oversees the ultra-liberal site, www.huffingtonpost.com

(Huffington is her married name. Arianna's maiden name is Stassinopoulos. And you thought Phyrillas was hard to pronounce.)

Odyssey magazine has 80,000 readers in 25 countries on six continents.

Thanks to everyone at Odyssey magazine for the recognition and the kind words. Maybe I can scrape together the $48 to subscribe.

In the meantime, you can enjoy my "muscular" ramblings for free. I'm averaging 3,000 visitors a month at this site, http://tonyphyrillas.blogspot.com

No comments: